LATEST NEWS

SCS 20th Birthday Celebrations!

• Author
    SCS_Hammer
    Keymaster

HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY SUICIDE COMMANDO SQUAD!!!

This year is SCS’s 20th Birthday. Officially on February 10th however we have decided to celebrate this wonderful milestone over the rest of this year.
    To that end some of our competitions over the year will now have prizes to reflect this. The first one is in February and SCS_Tom will be posting details about it shortly.
    I am putting the birthday post in early to go along with the first birthday competition starting February 1st. Enjoy!

Incredible as it seems this clan has been running continuously from it’s formation on February 10th 2001. So much has happened along the way. So many people have been a part of, or crossed our path during this journey. Incredible personalities and characters enriching our gaming lives. All the laughs, joking and silly things that entertained us along the way. So many good times it’s hard to remember any single one. Although we strive for a relaxed drama free clan, server and Teamspeak there have been times where the drama ran hot! But thankfully those times were few and far between. If I had known it was going to go this long I would have documented everything and everyone for prosperities sake. Who knew, 20 years! Sheesh.

Playing Mohaa for 9 years (Medal of Honor Allied Assault) was the clan’s heyday. We had over 140 members with about 110 actively playing every day. Pretty much half European and half North American players. There were 3 European servers (objective, freezetag, and a match server) and 2 NA servers (objective and match). And, of course we were in several Mohaa competition leagues.
    People used to be lined up to come in the servers. I would open HLSW on a Saturday morning at 7am my time and see players already on the NA sever and it would go all day till 11pm or so at night. It was really something.

Now we play COD4 and have been for quite a while. The clan is smaller and we have only one server. Many of the members are 15 or 20 years older now. But I have to say that the players on the server these days, members and pubs in general, are the coolest by far. It’s relaxed, easy going, and really fun on TS and the server. And it’s been like that for several years now which I keep telling Tom once in awhile has freaked me out a bit.
    So I would like to thank all of you regulars, past and present, for making our gaming community today so much fun, and cool to be around! Thank You!!! Thank you very much!

I’d also like to thank all the Admins and Rcons over the last 20 years who selflessly put in their time and effort to make SCS a great place to visit and be a part of. Thank You from the bottom of my heart!!!

Here’s to the last fantastic 20 years of SCS gaming and to the unknown future! Cheers!!! (Raise a glass!)

Some Trivia.

The original five members that started it all;
    Hammer, Espagnol, Joker, Tornado, Daskamp.

Hammer – Founder.
    Espagnol – was a Senior Admin.
    Joker – Member, now Admin and still here after 20 years!
    Tornado – Famous during the Mohaa years in the competition leagues.
    Daskamp – I still talk to him once in awhile. He’s actually come back several times to SCS for awhile before disappearing again. Life.

Some members of note who over the years really had a big impact on the direction of SCS;
    Ice (Admin), Sabret(Admin)(RIP) , Samouri (Admin), Tom (Senior Admin).

Partial list of past members, there’s a lot more; unfortunately we lost a lot of names when the old website data was corrupted in 2019;

1DWR, 56Ketchup, Abcd433, Bamaboom, Banana (RIP), BBQBob, Blade, Capt Chet, Cobra, Cyber, Cuddler, Daskamp, Dieseasy, Dirt, Dragoon, Erad, Espagnol, Ice, iDash, Intruder, Jinx, Lancelot, Mastoner, MasonLewis, Mike, MotorCraft21 (RIP), Monkey Joe, Mud, Oli, Rebel, Redpepper, Rex, Sabret (RIP), Samouri, SargeBlade, Slazz, Scorpio, Scotty, Shrapnel Magnet, Shooter, Shoot-to-Kill, Smoke (Woody’s brother), Soda, Splint, Stevenator, Swiss Cheeze, Swoosh, TDogg, Thumb, Thumper, Tornado, Trunth, Vic, Viper, WarFighter, Wales, WarMachine, Wolverine, Woody, Zag.

If you can think of any more that I missed please post them!!!
    Amazingly many of these members have made an appearance now and then and played with us again as members or pubs! Great to see people you thought were gone drop back in for a visit or a stay!

We lost 3 members on our long journey. Motorcraft21, Sabret, and the great Banana. You are not forgotten at SCS and never will be.
    Sabret used to have the blue skin on her weapon just so Motorcraft21 could pick it up and say on TS “Look I have a blue gun” it was their “thing” and we’d all get a smile or laugh from it. Eventually it caught on and many members were chortling over killing her and getting her “blue gun”. And of course Banana’s “Feel the peel” over TS or in game, I can still hear his voice.
    Great people, great members.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by SCS_Hammer.
    HSV
    Participant

Hammer,

Thats a great post. i miss alot of those people, especially Nana, Sabret, and Cuddler. Certainly not to forget Bama, Blade, ERad, Ice, iDash, ML, Samouri, Sarge, SM, Vic, Viper, War fighter, WArMachine, Wolverine, and Zag. Which were the ones i knew.

The Blue Gun was the prize as everyone knows, almost as valuable as a Tom knife, and well a bit better than clonking TJ with a 85m nade, and well not quiet as keen as a Syko kill, or a Flash Knifing Murray.

Best post ever.

Well Done

HSV

SCS_Momba
    Participant

Great post, Hammer! I remember Wales well but did not realize he was a member here. I know I’m new kid on the block but not at all new to the game. I’ve played since 2006 and have been a member in other clans. While I’ve gotten to know some good people along the way, I can say, without a doubt, there is a reason you guys are still here after 20 years. I’ve told Tom in the past, you guys are a class act and I’m honored to be a part of it. SCS is unequivocally the best! Here’s to 20 more!

SCS_tom19303

So many fun years I’ve had belonging to a great clan! I started out with my brother (Trunrth) and was playing on a laptop which was very laggy. I know your pain Doug! HarryNades asked me to put tags on and I jumped at the chance. TBC Got to play! I have had the pleasure of talking to some people who turned into good friends. I would have never thought to be close to voices online. LOL! I never wanted to give up playing MOHAA but I had no choice as the server faded away to new games. Entering the cod4 game was a chore. Sargblade told me it might take a couple days to get a kill so my first spawn I camped in a room and killed someone running by. It was sargblade! Had a good laugh at that. I jumped up in a window and killed someone else and got hollered at by Sabret for ledging and I had no idea what she was talking about. I learned how to ramp up my kills when cuddler came along as I based my game on how he played. Yes not very tactical! I am so proud to be part of a family that has stayed together for 20 years! It is incredible and here is to 20 more!!! I will be 75! LOL!
    See you in my sights! SCS_tom19303

Crzzyhorse

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by SCS_tom19303.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by SCS_tom19303.

Hammer

There’s the “way back” machine which has archived the SCS website since “way back”. Here’s a glance at members from 2007!

LINK

SCS_Hammer
    Keymaster

Absolutely freaking AWESOME Mighty!!!!!!!
    You rock bro! Just wait till were on TS and I give you a great big kiss!

Here’s some more SCS past members from a 2007 snapshot courtesy of SCS_Mighty……and I’ll keep adding them in here as I find them;

Falcon, FSUNole, Slug, Acheron, Anvil, BC_2000, BeginnerAbe, Mr Billy Ho, Birchy, Bomma, Morpheus, Dogman, Fatman608, FunBobby, G3, Gonzo, Gustlik, Heir Kommt, Iceberg, Jewel, Jinx, Job, KingFisher, Loki, Malarky, MartinBlank, Maver, MrJenny, MrVeiga, Nednil, Para, Paddy Wacker, Pvt Joker, Pukelint, Rammstein, Redbeard, Riven, Woot-Devil, Sabretooth, St John, Scorpio, Shrapnel Magnet, Silent Sniper, S.I.N., SlyViper, SnakeEyes, Swiper the Fox. Target, Terarisk, Thor, TicTac, Twist, WarLordrobrok

The following are kids in the clan, some of them grew up into adults while in SCS;
    abcd, AgentNorad, 2Dumb2Die, Buzzcutjoe, Camper Strike, Cayu, Cookie, CodeLoko, Dragon Eyes, DragonFire, General Carver, Gorgon999, Greg, Kane, Killer, Killboy, KillerTwin, Lilpiggy, LilSnake, LilScruff, LilTiger, Nicky, NattyP, Nightmare, Pvt Nico, Pvt Lou, Reptile, Sammy, TyDude, Twins1996, TwinkleToes, Viking

Their names bring back such great memories….OMG. I may have to get Joker into a TS channel with a few drinks tonight and reminisce. I made S.I.N. cry on TS. So sorry you can’t have Rcon Missy please stop asking for it. Rammstein was with us forever and what a great match player. Wow, now I’m beginning to miss the old days big time. Where are you now. What are you doing.

Feel free to share any little memories or stories or any other members we’ve missed so far. We can make this thread into some snapshots from the past….

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by SCS_Hammer.
    HSV
    Participant

lol i never knew Nole was in here. He banned me from CTU server because i racked up serious numbers, and was convinced i was a hacker. As some remember that server didnt have many rules so it was easy to burn through that server. In fact Texas did the same thing to Lycan and i on Bones. But, inevitably both clans rescinded the bans as they finally figured out there was no hacking and we were just burning their servers up.

So many players not playing anymore, the countless ones from the Renegades servers, XK players, OSS/9th Legion, 82nd etc. It is quite a shame, there were 8-10 solid clans with enough players so each to have TCC servers and leagues for 9 seasons if i remember correctly. Yes Tom sliced me in a TCC match, and apparently has a wall at his home dedicated to the event. But, ill one up you, I knifed Angelz otherwise known as the Queen, and she never played a match after that although NDE continued.

Lycan and i fell on the Sword for the COD community and left OSS and joined NDE to see if they hacked or ghosted, and much to everyones disbelief, they did not. No one knew what we were doing, we planned it and lost friends, but, did the dirty to see what the deal was. For all their bullheaded idiocy they were just good players.

I remember sitting on the SCS server with me and Sabret 1v1 for so many hours, one person would come in and it was 2v1 alot of times as SCS was transitioning from MOHoaa to COD4.

A lot of game changes and new games and life have claimed a lot of good players either moving on to modern games, losing interest, kids and family, or some to the tick tock of time and that inevitability we all will face.

It hasnt been a smooth ride, but, rarely anything worth it is.

A lot has changed, but, thankfully somethings dont.

Shoot you later,

THE HSV

SCS_Hammer
    Keymaster

Here’s a snapshot of our website and servers, Mohaa (1 server still going) and COD4 2012;
    Enlarge to see them better…..

” alt=”null” />

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by SCS_Hammer.
    SCS_Joker
    Participant

WOW 20 YEARS , i am getting old now 🙂 . But it stil fun playing COD4 , but i do miss the old MOHAA time’s playing whit a lot of Euro players .
    Some of them a med i Amsterdam and even went to Michigan to meet Major Woody and meet Sabret here in the Netherlands .
    And yes this brings out the good memory’s of the time in SCS , and i do remember a Song for Hammer based on Hammer-time whit the voice’s recorded from TS.
    And yes this clan had its drama’s to but we made it , and stil are going strong today .

Congrats SCS and many years to come .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar