LATEST NEWS

Tom’s surgery

• Author
    SCS_Hammer
    Keymaster

Just to let everyone know, Tom’s surgery seems to have worked. He is home recovering and in good spirits. Should be back with us shortly (he’ll be in 5th place soon enough if he doesn’t). Since he now consists of electronic parts I was trying to figure out what he is technically. I found this definition;

“A robot is simply a machine like r2d2 from star wars. Cyborgs are living life forms like a person or animal with machine/robotic enhancements or parts, like a lag or arm ext. Androids are robots that can think and act like a person or animal, similar to Pinocchio just more science and no magic.”

Seems he is a Cyborg then.
    He has leads and wires and paddles attached to his spine and such with a remote controller. Yes, not entirely human anymore.

I’ve been asked why he did this by several people. His stock story of an obscure accident in his distant past is really just a smoke screen for the real reason which he confided in me recently. The truth is sad however. As he’s gotten older he noticed his gaming skills falling behind. Hand -eye co-ordination, mouse button mashing, etc. He would never use game cheats (bless his heart!) so he thought long and hard, did some research, and this is what he came up with. I know what your thinking. A bit extreme. However let’s not forget that many people go to great lengths for the hobby they get into. Look at a really avid gardner. They spew latin plant names at you like bullets and know every plants linage in their backyard garden. They also try to control the weather by creating false environments, like green houses. So it’s not too far fetched that Tom has fallen down the rabit hole of VIDEO GAME ADICTION or VGA as we call it (I wonder if they’ll get that?).
    So please remember that while he’s no longer “pure humana” he is our friend and we should be supportive and kind and understanding.

I know a Cyborg. My friend has electronic start and elctronic nerve enhancements. Freaking NEAT!!!

Wishing you the best from SCS Tom!!! (get well soon)

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by SCS_Hammer.
    SCS_tom19303

LOL, Thanks Hammer! So as many of you know I did have surgery on Friday to have a spinal cord stimulator(Yes an SCS system) placed in my back and I am already noticing a difference in my feet as they are always in pain and no feeling in them. I have had 2 surgeries on my back and have 2 rods, six screws and 3 cages with fusions at S-1 to L-4 in my back already. They have the SCS turned on at 2% while I heal for 7 to 10 days and I cant wait to see how I will be at the end of it. I was doing really well until today when I noticed it getting red around the tape. I am allergic to certain tape. The tape is around the outside of the 2 big bandages on my back and there are tubes hooked up to the bandages that go to 2 little pumps that pull any moisture away from the wounds. Amazing what they can do now. If the allergic reaction don’t get better by tomorrow I will be back at the Doctors. I have been checking up on the server every day and can not wait to get back and regain the #1 position on game tracker. I will have my work cut out for me it looks like! Until then, See you in my sights! Tom

SCS_Devilmurray
    Participant

Well… Glad to hear good news about your health Tom!
    Robocop was my favourite movie!!!
    Good job Sir!

SCS_Joker
    Participant

Good to here its working for u , speedy recovery Tom .

ScS_DJC
    Participant

You know those 2 tubes are hooked up to your head don’t you?? Someone told them you were wet behind the ears, and apparently your ping is your only saving grace 😉
    Get well soon Tom
    DJC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar